Who are we?
The Community Health Team is a partnership between Dundee Health and Social Care Partnership & Dundee City Council's Community Learning and Development service. We support people who live in Dundee to develop skills, knowledge and confidence to improve health and wellbeing in designated communities in the city.
The Community Health Team uses a community-led approach to improving health. Community-led health impacts directly on the health of community members and influences the way in which public policies and practices of health providers respond to health needs and inequities experienced at a community level. This is achieved through organised community effort that may involve delivering health enhancing services or seeking to influence polices and services that impact on health and wellbeing. This approach is described in detail here.
The core components include:
- recognising and working together on issues of common concern
- identifying and building on community assets
- working with values of equity and inclusiveness
- influencing and helping transform public policies and services
Local people identifying their own health needs and solutions
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Substance use
- Keeping active
- Food, nutriton and healthy eating
- Developing knowledge and skills to look after your health and wellbeing
- Increasing your awareness of support/activities available in your community
- Understanding wider factors that affect your health and taking action to address these
- Developing a new project/group to improve health and wellbeing
If we can't help, we will always try our best to signpost you to someone who can.
Are you a service provider?
You can contact us also for advice and support on using community-led approaches in your work to improve health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities. We have an extensive network of local contacts if you are looking to engage with local communities on particular issues.